What to know about Grade 1 Acne aka Mild Acne
Grade 1 Acne is the mildest of the 4 types. Grade 1 Acne consists of comedones (open aka blackheads & closed aka whiteheads), a few inflamed papules and maybe a pustule or two. Breakouts are minimal and tend to come and go.
Here are some pictures for reference.
What to do:
- Use a non-stripping, non-foaming, gentle cleanser with beneficial ingredients like Vitamin C, Green Tea, and other antioxidant extracts like Yucca or Blueberry.
- When to cleanse: If you’re drier vs. more oily, you may opt to not cleanse in the morning, but ALWAYS cleanse at night regardless.
- Use an exfoliant twice a week**. Glycolic is the best exfoliant when it comes to acne.
- Be sure to moisturize daily with a lightweight moisturizer that has no pore clogging ingredients.
- Use a non-comedogenic facial mineral SPF every day to protect the skin’s barrier.
**An anti-acne facial steam can provide additional benefits if done before exfoliating.
Learn more here about what to avoid and for ways on how to prevent acne.
Need more help? Book a Virtual Health Transformation
Join my free group The Skincare Insider